meet the principal
Hello Parents and Students,
I am thrilled about leading the Alternative Education sites in TUSD!
I am the Principal for Duncan-Russell, Stein High and Willow Community Day School. I come to serve you with 20+ years of experience working with youths from a wide variety of populations. I am committed to student strength-based focused teaching and dedicated to creating a positive learning environment and making a difference in students’ lives.
Do you have extra travel shampoos, conditioners, soaps or tissues that you are willing to donate to Willow Community Day School and Duncan-Russell High School?
We are embarking on our 2nd Annual Community Service Project.
Our students are given the opportunity to give back to the community by creating travel packs and donating to a Non-profit organization in Tracy that help with our homeless population.
Please feel free to give me a call at 209-830-3357, if you have something you would like to contribute to we will need them before December 12, 2019. You may drop items off at the main office.
The TUSD LCAP is our Local Control Accountability Plan to support student outcomes and is an important component of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF). Under the LCFF, all Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) including school districts, county offices of education (COEs), and charter schools are required to prepare an LCAP, which describes how we intend to meet annual goals for all pupils, with specific activities to address state and local priorities identified.
TUSD LCAP STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY
Come and join us to learn about TUSD programs and services to support student success. All stakeholder engagement meetings will provide:
• TUSD Student Data
• Program Overview
• Opportunity for participants to provide LCAP input
• Opportunity for participants to ask questions about TUSD LCAP Programs and Services
Dates: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Location: TUSD Board Room
1875 W. Lowell Avenue
Tracy, CA 95376
Intra-District Transfer Requests are being accepted from
October 15, 2019 until January 15, 2020
No Late Transfers Accepted
We ask that every family complete an application. Even if you do not qualify, it will help our school! Follow this link to complete an application for free and reduced lunch!
Please review our calendar!
We ask that EVERY FAMILY complete a free and reduced lunch application. Even if you do not qualify, applying will help our school!
Do you know a child with special needs?
- We want to be sure that every child who has a disability receive the help he or she needs.
- We want to ensure that supports are in place for students with special needs.
- Anyone in the community who is concerned about the learning abilities of a child may participate in the Child Find Process.
- The District actively seeks out and accepts referrals to assess children who may have a disability.
- Assessment is provided at no cost to the parent.
- Concerns regarding a child’s need for special education can be presented by a parent or by any person concerned about a child.
- Parent involvement and agreement is obtained prior to any further action.
- Information is confidential and the privacy of child and parents is protected.
If you know of a child who has one or more of the following disabilities (or you suspect a child has a disability), please let us know. We’re here to help!